VAT Representation

TAX Representation for VAT

Where a company is required to be registered for VAT in another country as a result of its business activities, it may be necessary to appoint a local tax representative.

The fiscal representative will usually be jointly and severally liable for the VAT owed by the business. Several countries in Europe require the appointment of a local representative to act for non EU companies who have an obligation to register for VAT.

There is no requirement for EU businesses to appoint a tax representative when obtaining a VAT registration in another EU Member State. However, many EU member states do require non-EU businesses to appoint a tax representative when registering for VAT locally. Equally, a tax representative for VAT is necessary when there is a requirement for a non-resident business to be registered for VAT in many countries outside of the EU.

amavat Europe offers tax representation services across Europe and beyond, so that your business is compliant with local VAT obligations.

amavat Europe tax representation services include the following:

  • Ensuring compliance with local fiscal laws for VAT purposes,
  • Ensuring your business complies with local rules on invoicing, VAT treatment, accounting procedures and VAT filing and payments,
  • Handling enquiries and tax inspections from the local VAT office.